Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dell let-down

I've been seeing commercials for Dell Computer where they show the computer being assembled as the person is ordering it on the phone. I know it's an exaggeration, but at the moment I'm pretty pissed.

I ordered a computer, printer, and extra toner over the weekend for our new associate. The toner arrived a couple days ago. I went on the Dell site today to check on the status of the order. Neither the computer nor the printer has shipped yet. They estimate the computer will ship tomorrow. I did not expect it to go out instantly, but the next day would have been reasonable in light of the commercial. I don't believe there was any unusual customization of this computer.

Worse, the printer I ordered is estimated to ship over a week from now.

I discussed this in advance with the associate and he preferred a PC, but was willing to work on a Mac. I should have ordered a Mac.

At the moment I'm quite disappointed in Dell. I've ordered from them in the past and have been reasonably satisfied. This is probably my last order.

No comments: