Friday, December 04, 2009

Adrian Peterson: Speeding and Knowing Your Speed

The hot traffic court story of the week is Vikings running back Adrian Peterson ticketed for going 109 mph in a 55 zone. See the story on ESPN.

My favorite quote from the story is this from Peterson: I need to be more aware of the speed I was going ....

I should add this to my speeding ticket excuses post, because I've heard it before. "I didn't realize I was going that fast."

Maybe this excuse makes sense when you're ticketed for 80 in a 55. But if you're going over 100 mph, you really should know. I had one guy ticketed for ... I'm not kidding ... 125 mph. He said he didn't realize he was going that fast.

Look, if you're going to drive at speeds that high, please be aware of what you're doing. While it may be dangerous to drive at such speeds in general, it's definitely more dangerous if you're not paying attention.
Post a Comment