Thursday, June 15, 2006

Connecticut and traffic tickets from other states

Connecticut seems like the place for speeders. If I'm getting my information correctly, the holder of a CT drivers license gets no points for speeds under 85 mph if you pay the fine with no fuss. And while it appears that state law authorizes CT DMV to recognize out-of-state tickets, it looks from the regulations like the point system only applies to in-state tickets.

Also, the fines look much lower than NY, but New York has an extremely high set of fines compared to any other state I've seen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon. After some internet searching I found some information on your blog with regards to CT "Out of State" Moving violations. I have recently received 2 tickets in New York State for speeding, but I have a CT license. You write that it will not put points on my license. Is this still correct as far as you know?
Thank you for any help you can provide. Regards,
Craig

Unknown said...

Craig,
I did not write that "it will not put points on [your] license. Read what I wrote:

"while it appears that state law authorizes CT DMV to recognize out-of-state tickets, it looks from the regulations like the point system only applies to in-state tickets."

I have done no research since my last post. If you find anything out, please post another comment.

Thanks,
Warren