Sunday, February 05, 2006

Superbowl - Worst referees ever

That was the worst officiating I've ever seen. The most lopsided calls ever. I'm a Giants fan, and I like both the Seahawks and the Steelers. I thought the Seahawks were the better team going in, and after those calls, I still feel that way.

Take nothing away from the Steelers. They're a good team and they played a good game. But the refs stole that game from the Seahawks.

Bogus interference call. Both players were pushing each other.

Bogus holding call.

That's two touchdowns right there.

Then, late in the game, Roethlisberger is running left and Hines Ward holds the corner - no call.

And what about that penalty on Hasselbeck on the tackle after the interception. Ridiculous call!

I did think Roethlisberger scored on the touchdown. That was a good call. But overall, the refs stole the game from the Seahawks.

I had to get that off my chest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it seems that "Shoeless Joe Jackson" came back as an NFL ref. If it was only one or two calls....I would say it was just a mistake. But when you have 5-7 key calls ......seems to me, some big money pushed the refs to throw the game and make sure the point spread was beat.