Sunday, October 22, 2006

Moments of stress

It's not all fun, games, and dancing in the fields.

I'm starting a DWI trial tomorrow - should be a short one, but still that gets stressful.

A few days ago I was contacted by a prospective zoning client. I was retained on Saturday (yesterday as I write) and upon review decided we need to act right away to get papers filed to seek a temporary restraining order. But I'm on trial Monday so I've asked one of my of-counsel to do all the running around that's required. I spent several hours today putting together the paperwork, and writing extremely detailed instructions because my other of-counsel, who is more experienced with such things, has to go out of town Monday.

While all this is going on, we have a new paralegal and we haven't assembled her desk yet. And we've got a whole bunch of other stuff going on. I'd really like to get to the point where the staff does most of the legal work and I run the office and cover the gaps. But it's going to take time to get there.

And of course I'm doing this silly running for Congress thing while I'm at it, and then there's that family that I'm supposed to spend time with.

Sooner or later this should all straighten out, right?

No comments: